Man, things are busy these days, and I feel awful for not blogging much lately. I'm going to do my best to make up for that for the next few days. First off, there's a bunch of exciting things going on at Technorati, and we're looking to hire some great people. Over the next few days I'm going to post about the various jobs that we currently have open, and heartily encourage you to submit your resume/CV if you want to work at a fun, exciting company in the heart of San Francisco, doing some really great stuff, and leading the way in helping people to understand the blogosphere, and be a part of making some really cool stuff.
First off, we're looking for a fantastic Director of Operations. We've got hundreds of machines to manage in the Technorati data center, and those numbers continue to grow on a nearly daily basis!
Here's the job requirements:
* Responsible for 24/7 operation of http://technorati.com
* Manage the Technorati service network, consisting of approximately 1,000 servers
* Maintain high availability and consistent performance
* Manage a team of 10 + fantastically awesome network, systems and database administrators
* Manage monitoring and on-call systems
* Manage system and software deployments
* Manage the capital equipment budgeting and purchasing processes
* Responsible for backup and disaster recovery planning
* Help plan and coordinate long term systems strategy
* Create strong support relationships with Engineering and Finance
* At least 10 years experience working in the Management of Information Systems
* At least 5 years experience managing Internet Data Centers
* Experience managing a minimum of 10 people
* Experience operating large-scale, consumer-facing internet services
* At least 5 years experience on LAMP platform and Lucene
* Deep and detailed understanding of large networks
* Deep and detailed understanding Unix-based systems
* Experience managing a network of at least 500 servers
* Experience with search and/or database intensive applications
* Experience handling a one million+ capital budget
* Project Management skills a plus
* Experience with growing startup operations
* Bachelors Degree required, advanced degrees a plus
* Ability to deal with rapid change
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only.
Important: The subject field of your email must include "Director of Operations"
Feel free to pass this along to your friends as well, we're loking for an absolutely excellent candidate, and we're willing to do what it takes to get the right guy or gal. C'mon and get out of that dead-end job you're in now, and help us to build a kick-ass next-gen Ops and monitoring system. You'll get the challenge and opportunity of a lifetime.
More to come... If you want to get past the suspense, you can go to our Careers page to see all the current openings.
One other thing: We only hire GREAT people at Technorati, so if you don't match up to that kind of quality, then do us and yourself a favor and don't apply.