Lots of good stuff going on at Technorati, and we're hiring! We're looking for some great Systems Administrators to help manage our burgeoning data centers, help our ops folks automate thousands of server tasks, and work with our engineering staff to make Technorati even more stable, and help us to further increase our performance. You'll be focusing your efforts on automating the administration of our ever-growing network and adapting to new and continuously changing business and development requirements. Ideal candidate will have significant operational experience with Linux, as well as high available web services. Although experience is important, the ability to quickly learn new things and a have positive attitude are both essential.
* Monitor stability and performance
* Administer infrastructure services
* Participate in 24x7 On-call rotation schedule
* Help develop tools to maintain and monitor our systems
* Write comprehensive documentation
* Train/mentor junior System Administrators
* Deploy new systems and services
* 5+ years experience with Unix
* 3+ years experience with Linux
* 2+ years running large production systems (more than a 100 servers)
* Working knowledge of networking and load balancing
* Experience administering Mysql Databases
* Expertise with Apache setup and configuration with mod_perl, PHP, performance tuning and log file management
* Config and Software Management (cfengine)
* Programming/shell scripting ability
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only.
Important: The subject field of your email must include "Systems Administrator."